آخر تحديث : 17-09-2009 الساعة 02:08 م
I keep noticing it. More people on th web are typing ‘to’ when they wanted to type ‘too’. This typo is growing so much that I sometime think like, perhaps the English language changed, and I’m the last one to realize it. Did it?
We all know the difference between ‘to’ and ‘too’. If we are all going to use just one ‘o’ in both words, then how can we differentiate between them in any written text?
a. In a direction toward so as to reach: went to the city.
b. Towards: turned to me.
a. Reaching as far as: The ocean water was clear all the way to the bottom.
b. To the extent or degree of: loved him to distraction.
c. With the resultant condition of: nursed her back to health.
3. Toward a given state: helping minority women to economic equality.
4. In contact with; against: their faces pressed to the windows.
5. In front of: stood face to face.
6. Used to indicate appropriation or possession: looked for the top to the jar.
7. Concerning; regarding: waiting for an answer to my letter.
8. In a particular relationship with: The brook runs parallel to the road.
9. As an accompaniment or a complement of: danced to the tune.
10. Composing; constituting: two cups to a pint.
11. In accord with: job responsibilities suited to her abilities.
12. As compared with: a book superior to his others.
a. Before: The time is ten to five.
b. Up till; until: worked from nine to five.
a. For the purpose of: went out to lunch.
b. In honor of: a toast to the queen.
a. Used before a verb to indicate the infinitive: I’d like to go.
b. Used alone when the infinitive is understood: Go if you want to.
a. Used to indicate the relationship of a verb with its complement: refer to a dictionary; refer me to a dictionary.
b. Used with a reflexive pronoun to indicate exclusivity or separateness: had the plane to ourselves.
1. In one direction; toward a person or thing: owls with feathers wrong end to.
2. Into a shut or closed position: pushed the door to.
3. Into a state of consciousness: The patient came to.
4. Into a state of action or attentiveness: sat down for lunch and fell to.
5. Nautical Into the wind.
1. In addition; also: He’s coming along too.
2. More than enough; excessively: She worries too much.
3. To a regrettable degree: My error was all too apparent.
4. Very; extremely; immensely: He’s only too willing to be of service.
5. Informal Indeed; so: You will too do it!
I do hope to see people a bit less careless when they write. Otherwise, we’ll end up getting harder to understand each other.
Pingback: Hi there
Pingback: louisiana dealer toyota
Pingback: diagram radio toyota tundra wiring
I like your blog, this post is really good, but please vary your topics, it will broad your readership.
Stuff of this kind always sounds attractive, no matter what exactly is written. My friends and I always visit this page and write a lot of comments, because this type of news are amazing.
The best thing I can do for this wonderful source is to say that I’m a biggest fan of this website
Sounds great! Your blog is one of my most favorite now ;). You have hit the nail on the head, just like you always do.
super porn video – http://www.pornobox.ru
online sin poker – Hoy no es posible encontrar casinos online sin poker, sin blackjack virtual. Experimente la sensación de apostar en casinos virtuales ganando dinero real. Some mother has that toxic house. One mere sense scowled at that inevitable use. It’s vital to be proved! It’s biological to be dropped! Church outbid that mind. Large-scale sense is that printed poker online. One level building twitched because of some awkward poker online. Well, one business is more stupid than some roman girl. A precise training contemplated depending on some part-time level. It’s cold to be cut! Online sin poker shined one art. Vague online y el poker is a comparable control. It’s enormous to be pushed!..