Google earth has a version for linux. but not in .deb extension, which ubuntu can handle. But here is an easy way to install it in ubuntu
1. Open a terminal window, and type:
sudo apt-get install googleearth-package
2. to download google earth, type:
3. After the download is complete, close the terminal window, then go to your Home folder, and double click the downloaded .deb file to install it.
4. Go to Applications > Internet > Google Earth to Run Google Earth
5. If you get an error, or if it closes by itself, run googleearth again, and quickly uncheck “show tips at the begining” then click the “Close” button