Here are a few tips to help you configure Firefox to how you want.
Here are a few tips
- Show my windows and tabs from last time:
Instead of opening with your home pages, go to:
Tools > Options > Main
Under ‘Startup’ and next to ‘When Firefox starts’ select: “Show my windows and tabs from last time”.
- Open search results page in a new tab:
When you type something in the little search window and hit the ‘Enter’ key, the search results page over-ride the current page you were viewing. You can press Ctrl+Enter to avoid this, but its better to make make it open in a new tab everytime. To do so:
Open a new tab (Ctrl+T) then go to: about:config
In the ‘Filter’ bar, type:
Double click the line to change its value from false to true.
- Open bookmarks in new tabs:
Get the click2tab extension from here
- Allow more visible tabs:
open a new Firefox window (Ctrl+T) and in the address bar, type:about:config
Press enter, then, in the Filter bar, type:
The default setting is: 100. Set it to whatever you want. I’ve set mine to 40 (which enables me to view 250% more tabs).
I hope that helps.
- To get rid of the “go button” (green arrow next the address bar), go to about:config and set browser.urlbar.hideGoButton to true (by double clicking)
- To get rid of the magnifying glass, add this to your userChrome.css file in the chrome folder of your directory (if that file is not there, create a new one using notepad or any text editor):
/*Remove magnifying glass button from search box*/
.search-go-button-stack > vbox, .search-go-button
display: none !important
شفت مفاجأة النهاردة ؟ اضغط هنا عشان تشوفها (مفاجأة جديدة كل يوم)